Corbett, Charles, 1710-1752
VIAF ID: 73907888
4xx's: Alternate Name Forms (2)
- 400 1 0
- 700 _ |
- The annual catalogue (numb. II.) or, a new and compleat list of all the new books, new editions of books, pamphlets, prints, &c.publish'd in history, divinity, law, poetry, plays, novels, paintings, architecture, and all other sciences, from January the first, 1737, to January the first, 1738. Giving an account of the prices they sell for, also a list of the names and places of abode of the several booksellers, etc. whom printed by... Useful to all who delight in reading, but more especially to gentleme, ladies, and booksellers in the country ; not only to let them know what books are published, but their exact prices.
- An Answer from a gentleman at The Hague, to a letter from his friend in London, in regard to a late resignation
- A Description of Georgia, by a gentleman who resided there upwards of seven years, and was one of the first settlers
- Theodosius, 1735:
- Prejudice detected by facts : or, A candid and impartial enquiry, into the reign of Queen Elisabeth, so far as relates to Mary Queen of Scots. Wherein Several material and controverted Points, in the Transactions of those Times, are fully considered and firly discussed, by the Evidence of authentic History, corroborated by genuine Letters : Whereby the Conduct and Characters of both Queens are set in a true Light, and are retrieved from the scandalous and malicious Aspersions, which they have suffered by the Misrepresentations of partial Historians.
- A description of the Windward Passage and Gulf of Florida, with the course of the British trading-ships to and from the island of Jamaica : also an account of the trade-winds and of the variable winds and currents on the coasts thereabouts at different seasons of the year : illustrated with a chart of the coast of Florida and of the islands of Bahama, Cuba, Hispaniola, Jamaica, and the adjacent smaller islands, shoals, rocks, and other remarkable things in the course of the navigation in the West-Indies, whereby is demonstrated the precariousness of those voyages to the West-India merchants and the impossibility of their homeward-bound ships keeping clear of the Spanish Guarda Costa's, the whole very necessary for the information of such as never were in those parts of the world : to which are added, some proposals for the better securing of the British trade and navigation to and from the West-Indies ... : to which is now annexed, a very remarkable letter, containing a succinct account of the galleons, flota, flotilla, and register-ships : as also of the ports of Havana, Porto Bello, Carthagena, Vera Cruz, Buenos-Ayres, and the coasts of the Caracca's : interspers'd with various curious remarks on the commerce of the Spaniards in America.
- A catalogue of books in quires, and copies, 1738:
Countries of Publication (2)
Selected Publishers (1)
- GB - United Kingdom
History of VIAF ID:73907888 (3)