Hill, John, 1714?-1775
Hill, John, 1716?-1775
Hill, John, 1706-1775
Johnson, Abraham 1714?-1775
Hill, John (ca 1714-1775)
VIAF ID: 63976832 (Personal)
ISNI: 0000 0001 0908 4325
- 200 _ | ‡a Hill ‡b John ‡f 1716?-1775
- 100 1 _ ‡a Hill, John, ‡d 1706-1775
- 100 1 _ ‡a Hill, John, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 100 1 _ ‡a Hill, John, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 100 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham ‡d 1714?-1775
4xx's: Alternate Name Forms (42)
- 400 0 _ ‡a Abraham Johnson.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Bardana, Hypochrondriasis, ‡c Sir, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Bardana, Hypochrondriasis.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Crine, George, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Crine, George.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Edwards, Sampson.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Giovanni.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Giovonni, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, J. ‡d (ca 1714-1775).
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Jean, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johann, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johann.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johanne, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johannes.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johannes ‡d ca.1716-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, Johanne ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, John, ‡d 1716?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, John ‡d 1707?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Hill, John ‡d 1716?-1775
- 400 0 _ ‡a Inspector, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 0 _ ‡a Inspector.
- 400 0 _ ‡a Inspector ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 0 _ ‡a Johannes Hill.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham, ‡c pseud.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham ‡c Pseud. de John Hill
- 400 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham ‡c pseud
- 400 _ | ‡5 e ‡a Johnson ‡b Abraham
- 400 0 _ ‡a Joseph Marshall.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Marshall, Joseph.
- 400 0 _ ‡a R. S., ‡c Gent., ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Roe, Richard.
- 400 1 _ ‡a S., R., ‡c Gent., ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Seymour, Juliana Susanna.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Seymour, Juliana-Susannah, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Seymour, Juliana-Susannah.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Seymour, Juliana-Susannah ‡d 1714?-1775
- 400 1 _ ‡a Townsend, William.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Uvedale, Christian, ‡d 1714?-1775
5xx's: Related Names (12)
- 500 1 _ ‡a Chesterfield, ...
- 500 1 _ ‡a Dodsley, Robert ‡d 1703-1764
- 500 1 _ ‡a Hale, Thomas ‡d 17..-1763)
- 500 1 _ ‡a Hill, John ‡d 1714?-1775
- 500 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham
- 500 1 _ ‡a Johnson, Abraham, ‡d 1714?-1775
- 500 1 _ ‡a Marivetz, Étienne-Claude ‡d 1731-1794)
- 500 1 _ ‡a Marshall, Joseph
- 500 1 _ ‡a Mirabeau, Victor Riqueti ‡d 1715-1789; marquis de)
- 500 1 _ ‡a Quesnay, François ‡d 1694-1774)
- 500 0 _ ‡a Theophrastus
- 500 0 _ ‡a Θεόφραστος
|Abhandlung von dem Ursprung und der Erzeugung proliferirender Blumen : nebst einer ausführlichen Anweisung wie durch die Cultur aus einfachen, gefüllte und proliferirende, aus gefüllten gezogen werden können|
|The actor; or, A treatise on the art of playing.|
|The adventures of Mr George Edwards, a Creole|
|Aventures de M. Loville, entremêlées de plusieurs intrigues galantes & véritables arrivées parmi des personnes du beau-monde. Traduites sur sa seconde édition angloise. Par M. ***. Premiere [-quatrieme] partie|
|British herbal an history of plants and trees, natives of Britain cultivated for use, or raised for beauty|
|Cautions against the use of violent medicines in fevers : and instances of the virtue of petasite root .....|
|Centaury, the great stomachic: its preference to all other bitters... With an account of the plant...|
|compleat body of gardening|
|The conduct of a married life laid down in a series of letters, written by the Honourable Juliana-Susannah Seymour, to a young lady, her relation, lately married.|
|The construction of timber from its early growth; explained by the microscope, and proved from experiments, in a great variety of kinds: in five books. ... By John Hill, ...|
|Decade di alberi curiosi ed eleganti piante delle Indie Orientali, e dell'America...|
|Essays in natural history and philosophy. Containing a series of discoveries, by the assistance of microscopes.|
|The family herbal, or, An account of all those English plants which are remarkable for their virtues : and of the drugs which are produced by vegetables of other countries : with their descriptions and their uses, as proved by experience ... intended for the use of families|
|The gardener's pocket-book, ca. 1775:|
|A general natural history: or, new and accurate descriptions of the animals, vegetables, and minerals, of the different parts of the world; with their virtues and uses, as far as hitherto certainly known, in medicine and mechanics: illustrated by a general review of the knowledge of the ancients, and the discoveries and improvements of later ages in these studies. Including the history of the materia medica, pictoria, and tinctoria, of the present and earlier ages. As also observations on the neglected properties of many valuable substances known at present; and attempts to discover the lost medicines, &c. of former ages, in a series of critical enquiries into the materia medica of the ancient Greeks. With a great number of figures, elegantly engraved. By John Hill.|
|Herbarium britannicum exhibens plantas Britanniae indigenas secundum methodum floralem novam digestas cum historia, descriptione, characteribus specificis, viribus, et usis|
|Histoire générale des drogues.|
|The history of a woman of quality or, the adventures of Lady Frail. By an impartial hand.|
|History of animals|
|Hortus Kewensis. Sistens herbas exoticas, indigenasque rariores, in area botanica... apud kew... cultas...|
|Hypochondriasis, a practical treatise.|
|L'Ami des hommes, ou Traité de la population [Tome premier-quatrieme (puis) cinquieme-huitieme partie].|
|The letters and papers of Sir John Hill, 1714-1775, c1982:|
|Letters to a lady with her genuine answers. Both printed verbatim from the originals.|
|Lucina sine concubitu.|
|The management of the gout by a physician from his own case. With the virtues of an English plant bardana, not regarded in the present practice; ... George Crine, M.D.|
|The Management of the gout, in diet, exercise and temper with the virtues of Burdock root taken in the manner of tea,...by J. Hill.|
|Manuel de tous les ages, ou économie de la vie humaine traduit d'un ancien manuscrit indien en anglois, & de l'anglois en françois, sur la derniere edition. Par Miss D. P.|
|Medical and botanical tracts... First published separately at different times... Now first collected into a volume;|
|Medical herbal enlarged|
|A method of producing double flowers from single by a regular course of culture. Illustrated with figures.|
|Observations on the Greek and Roman classics in a series of letters to a young nobleman... To wich are added, remarke on the Italian language and writers. In a letter from M. Joseph Baretti to an English gentleman at Turin, written in the year 1751.|
|Oeconomy of human life|
|The old man's guide to health and longer life: with rules for diet, exercise, and physic; for preserving a good constitution, and preventing disorders in a bad one...|
|On the management and education of children|
|Orpheus an English opera. By Mr. John Hill. With a preface, appealing to the publick for justice, and laying before them a fair and impartial account of the quarrel between the author and Mr. Rich, ...|
|Outlines of a system of vegetable generation|
|The power of water-dock against the scurvy whether in the plain root or essence. With marks to know that disease in all its states; instances of its being mistaken for other disorders; and rules of life for those afflicted with it. By J. Hill, ...|
|Proc. Int. Cong. Hist. Med., 1974:|
|Reisen durch Holland [...] Pohlen [...].|
|A review of the works of the Royal society of London; containing animadversions on such of the papers as deserve particular observation.|
|The rout : A farce of two acts as it is perform'd at the Theatre-Royal in Drury-Lane.|
|A satisfactory refutation of Sir Hypo Bardana's [i.e. Sir John Hill's] "Circumstances" ..., 1775?:|
|Sleep of plants.|
|Spatogenesia. The origin and nature of spar its qualities and uses: with a description and history of eighty-nine species; ... By J. Hill, ...|
|The story of Elizabeth Canning considered by Dr. Hill. With remarks on what has been called, A clear state of her case, by Mr. Fielding; and answers to the several arguments and suppositions of that writer|
|Theophrastou tou Eresiou Peri tōn lithōn biblion. Theophrastus's History of stones. With an English Version, and Critical and Philosophical Notes, Including the Modern History of the Gems, &c. described by that Author, and of many other of the Native Fossils.|
|Thoughts concerning God and nature in answer to Lord Boligbroke's philosophy...|
|To David Garrick, Esq; the petition of I. In behalf of herself and her sisters|
|Twenty-five new plants, rais'd in the Royal garden at Kew; their history and figures...|
|Useful family herbal.|
|Valerian Or, the virtues of that root in nervous disorders; and the characters which distinguish the true from the false. By John Hill, ...|
|The vegetable system. Or, The internal atructure and the life of plants... With figures of all the plants...|
|Virtues of British herbs With the history, description, and figures, of the several kinds; an account of the diseases they will cure; the family methods of giving them; and the management of the patients in each disease ... No.1. To be continued occasionally ... By John Hill, ...|
|The virtues of honey, in preventing many of the worst disorders and in the certain cure of several others; ...|
|The virtues of sage, in lengthening human life : with rules to attain old age in health and cheerfulness|
Countries and Regions of Publication (13)
Selected Publishers (11)
- xxk -
- GB - United Kingdom
- eng - English