Holley, Alexander Lyman, 1832-1882
Holley, Alexander Lyman
VIAF ID: 6221917
- The works of the Cambria Iron Company (Limited)
- The permanent way and coal-burning locomotive boilers of European railways; with a comparison of the working economy of European and American lines, and the principles upon which improvement must proceed.
- The economy of steam power on common roads ... with its history and practice in Great Britain
- Memorial of Alexander Lyman Holley, C. E., LL. D., president of the American institute of mining engineers, vice-president of the American society of civil engineers, vice-president of the American society of mechanical engineers ...etc., etc. Born July 20, 1832. Died January 29, 1882.
- American and European railway practice in the economical generation of steam : including the materials and construction of coal-burning boilers, combustion, the variable blast, vaporization, circulation, superheating, supplying and heating feed-water, etc., and the adaptation of wood and coke-burning engines to coal-burning : and in permanent way, including road-bed, sleepers, rails, joint fastenings, street raliways, etc., etc.
- A treatise on ordnance and armor: embracing descriptions, discussions, and professional opinions concerning the material, fabrication, requirements, capabilities, and endurance of European and American guns for naval, sea-coast, and iron-clad warfare, and their rifling, projectiles and breech-loading.
Countries of Publication (2)
Selected Publishers (6)
History of VIAF ID:6221917 (6)