Whetstone, George, 1544?-1587?
Whetstone, George ca. ca. 1544- ca. 1587
Whetstone, George (ca 1544-ca 1587).
VIAF ID: 52492054 (Personal)
ISNI: 0000 0000 6319 0877
- 100 0 _ ‡a George Whetstone
- 100 1 _ ‡a Whetstone, George ‡d 1544?-1587?
- 100 1 _ ‡a Whetstone, George ‡d ca. ca. 1544- ca. 1587
- 100 1 _ ‡a Whetstone, George, ‡d 1544-1587?
- 100 1 _ ‡a Whetstone, George, ‡d 1544?-1587?
4xx's: Alternate Name Forms (8)
- 400 0 _ ‡a George Whetstone ‡c English dramatist
- 400 0 _ ‡a George Whetstone ‡c drammaturgo inglese
- 400 0 _ ‡a George Whetstone ‡c englischer Dramatiker und Autor
- 400 1 _ ‡a Whetstones, George
- 400 1 _ ‡a Whetstones, George, ‡d 1544?-1587?
- 400 1 0 ‡a Whetstones, George, ‡d 1544?-1587?
- 400 1 _ ‡a Whetstones, George.
- 400 1 _ ‡a Whetstones, George ‡d 1544?-1587?
|The censure of a loyall subiect : vpon certaine noted speach and behauiours of those fourteene notable traitors at the place of their executions, the XX. and XXI. of September, last past ...|
|complaynt of Philomene|
|The cures of the diseased : in forraine attempts of the English nation|
|The English myrror|
|George Whetstone's metrical life of George Gascoigne, the poet.|
|Heptameron of civill discourses|
|Measure for measure|
|Promos and Cassandra|
|remembrance of the well imployed life, and godly end of George Gascoigne Esquire, ...|
|A remembraunce of the precious vertures of the Right Honourable and Reverend Iudge, Sir Iames Dier, Knight, Lord Cheefe Iustice of the Common Pleas, who disseased at Stawghton in Huntingdonshire the 24. of Marche, anno 1582|
|A remembraunce of the woorthie and well imployed life of the Right Honorable Sir Nicholas Bacon Knight, Lorde Keper of the Greate Seale of Englande, and one of the Queenes Maiesties Most Honorable Priuie Counsell, who deceased the 20 daye of Februarie 1578 : vvith an exhortation necessarie for euery estate|
|The rocke of regard, diuided into foure parts: The first, The castle of delight; ... The second, The garden of vnthriftinesse ... The thirde, The arbour of vertue ... The fourth, The ortchard of repentance: wherein are discoursed the miseries that followe dicing, the mischiefes of quarreling, the fall of prodigalitie; and the souden ouerthrowe of foure notable cousners; with divers other morall, natural & tragical discourses: documents and admonitions: being all the invention, collection and translation of George Whetstone|
Countries of Publication (3)
Selected Publishers (10)
- GB - United Kingdom