Carpenter, Matthew H. (Matthew Hale), 1824-1881
Carpenter, Matthew H.
VIAF ID: 45738178
4xx's: Alternate Name Forms (2)
- 400 1 _
Carpenter, Matthew Hale,
- 400 1 _
- The powers of Congress, the constitutionality of its acts on reconstruction, alarming tendency of the Seymour Democracy. Speech of Hon. Matt. H. Carpenter, at Chicago, Ill., Aug. 12, 1868.
- Speech of Matt H. Carpenter, at the dedication of the Memorial hall, Beloit college, July 1869. The mission and the future foreign policy of the United States.
- In the Senate of the United States, 1870?:
- Carpenter's reply to Sumner : speech of Hon. Matt H. Carpenter, of Wisconsin, vindicating the constitution of the Committee to Investigate Sales of Arms by the War Department, the majority report of the Committee, and replying to Senator Sumner's attack on President Grant : delivered in the Senate of the United States, June 3, 1872.
- Carpenter on back pay bill : speech of Hon. Matt. H. Carpenter on the back pay bill ; delivered at Janesville, June 26th, 1873.
- Address of Hon. Matt. Carpenter, U.S. Senator, to the graduating class of the Columbian Law College, June 8, 1870.
Countries of Publication (1)
Selected Publishers (4)
History of VIAF ID:45738178 (2)