Douglas, John, 1721-1807
VIAF ID: 14806053
4xx's: Alternate Name Forms (2)
- 400 1 _
Bp. of Salisbury,
- 400 0 _
Lord Bishop of Salisbury,
- Milton no plagiary; or, A detection of the forgeries contained in Lauder's essay on the imitation of the moderns in the Paradise lost. In a letter humbly addressed to the Earl of Bath.
- A sermon preached before the incorporated Society for the Propagation of the Gospel in Foreign Parts, 1793
- A letter addressed to two great men, on the prospect of peace : and on the terms necessary to be insisted upon in the negociation.
- The First volume of the pretended original and protestant History of the popes, shewn to be chiefly a translation from a popish one
- A Full confutation of all the facts advanced in Mr. Bower's three defences... By an author of the "Six letters illustrated" and of "Bower and Tillemont compared"
- The conduct of a late noble commander, candidly considered.
- Six letters from A--d B--r to Father Sheldon, provincial to the Jesuits in England;
- Six Letters from A-d B-r to Father Sheldon,... illustrated with several remarkable facts tending to ascertain the authenticity of the said letters and the true character of the writer
- Seasonable hints from an honest man on the present important crisis of a new reign and a new Parliament ...
- Milton vindicated from the charge of plagiarism : brought against him by Mr. Lauder : and Mr. Lauder himself convicted of several forgeries and gross impositions on the public : in a letter humbly addressed to the Right Honorable the Earl of Bath
Countries of Publication (3)
Selected Publishers (10)
- GB - United Kingdom
- eng - English
History of VIAF ID:14806053 (10)