Morris, Lewis, 1671-1746
VIAF ID: 10235722
- [blank] Esq; captain general and governor in chief in and over His Majesty's province of New-Jersey and territories thereon depending in American, and vice-admiral in the same, &c. To all to whom these presents shall come, Greeting. Know ye that at [blank] the last will and testament of [blank] deceased, was proved before [blank] who was thereunto duly authorized and appointed for that purpose, and is now approved and allowed of by me; [blank]he the said deceased, having while [blank]he lived, and at the time of h[blank] death, goods, rights and credits, in divers places within this province, by means whereof the full disposition of all and singular the goods, rights and credits of the said deceased, and the granting of administration of them; also the hearing of accompt, calculation or reck'ning, and the final discharge and dismission from the same unto me solely, and not unto any other inferiour judge, are manifesty [sic] known to belong: and the administration of all and singular the goods rights and credits of the said deceased, and h[blank] last will and testament in any manner of way concerning, was granted unto [blank] in the said testament named chief, of well and truly performing the said will, and of making a true and perfect inventory of all and singular goods, rights and credits of the said deceased, and exhibiting the same into the registry of the prerogative court in the secretary's office at Burlington, and of rendring a just and true accompt, when thereunto lawfully required, being [blank]
- The papers of Lewis Morris, Governor of the Province of New Jersey from 1738 to 1746 : published by the New Jersey Historical Society.
- The papers of Lewis Morris
- The opinion and argument of the chief justice of the province of New-York, concerning the jurisdiction of the Supream court of the said province, to determine causes in a course of equity.
- Biog. dir. of Amer. col. and Rev. governors 1607-1789, 1980:
Countries of Publication (1)
Selected Publishers (4)
History of VIAF ID:10235722 (5)